Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 12:12:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "A. Rich" <arr@oceanwave.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "A. Rich" <arr@oceanwave.com>
Subject:    mountd -n is not allowing non-root mounts

The mount as a normal user on a UNIX machine was just a test that I thought
(incorrectly so, it appears) should work.  Unfortunately, there is not
/etc/fstab because these aren't UNIX machines that I'm trying to mount to;
they're NCDs.  The NCDs can mount files off of a BSDI machine configured
exactly the same way but can't mount the FreeBSD filesystems.

If I run tcpdump on the FreeBSD machine when I try to read a file from the
NCD, I can see four udp packets but the NCD claims that permission is denied
to the file (And the permissions on the files and all directories leading to
the files are world readable, I checked).

The only thing I can come up with is a mountd problem.  Other suggestions?

--
Amy Rich <arr@oceanwave.com>                    Oceanwave Consulting, Inc.
UNIX Systems Administration Consultant          12 Hines Way