Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 20:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Kernel configuration manual

I'm a new user to FreeBSD but I have about two years Linux/SunOS
experience so I picked it up really quickly.  I'd like to help the
FreeBSD team but since I'm not really a kernel hacker, I'd like to work
on the documentation instead (which is currently pretty skeletal)...

Anyway, the current Users Guide is very sketchy on what options to change
to build a custom kernel.  All it says is:

cp GENERIC MYKERNEL
vi MYKERNEL

That's it?!?  If I hadn't built a custom kernel under SunOS and had only my
Linux experience (where you type 'make config' and it holds your hand
through the procedure) I would be completely lost!  Anyway I'd like to
announce my intention of writing a quick guide to custom kernel
building.  I just need to know what format to send it in (SGML?) and who to
send it to.  Thanks in advance!

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL