Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:38:37 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SSL: wrong/broken in FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT?

--------------enig4F43CD93F2224205802BDE72

Am 03/30/12 15:50, schrieb O. Hartmann:
> Sorry for the naiv headline.
>=20
> I run into massive problems on all of my FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT driven
> boxes. PostgreSQL rejects accessing OpenLDAP via SSL and all clients
> accessing the database and autheticating users via a SSL/TLS secured
> conection to OpenLDAP refuse working. This includes some very important=

> facilities like textproc/refdb, databases/pgadmin3, www/mediawiki.
>=20
> Mor scraing, I tried to generate for a our small network new SSL
> certificates. We use since FreeBSD 8.0 small scripts for that task.
> Creating a new CA certificate works fine, creating new certificate for
> clients including based on the new CA.
>=20
> Well, what worked half a year before doesn't anymore and I have no clue=

> what goes wrong.
>=20
> I created a set of new CA, key and host certificate (self signed, of
> course) for OpenLDAP.
> Using the CA and key/cert from backup - created with the same conf and
> scipts on FBSD 8/9 I use now on FBSD 10, goes "smooth", but fails
> starting the OpenLDAP server.
> The log output of the server is as follows:
>=20
>   TLS: could not use key file `/usr/local/etc/openldap/certs/server.key=
'.
> TLS: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:ke=
> values mismatch
> /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/x509/x509_=
cmp.c:406
> main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
> slapd stopped.
> connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd: WARNING: failed to start slapd
>=20
>=20
> As far I can dig from the web this error code "TLS: error:0B080074:x509=

> certificate..." s due to mismatching CN names. But why out of the sudde=
> should that be wrong?
>=20
> Did something significantly changed in FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT these days?=

>=20
> Regards,
> Oliver

Sorry for the noise!

I realized by a hint of a list member, that many of my ports, although I
thought I have rebuilt all of them, lack in several libraries libkrbXXX
I deleted by intension on FreeBSD 10.

After checkig for those ports, recompiling them, everything runs smooth
as expected now!

Regards,
Oliver