Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:54:24 -0800
From:      shegonee@ix.netcom.com
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Cc:        andrsn@stanford.edu, rhh@ct.picker.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Boot Linux swap partition?

Hi,
I read the Multi OS tutorial
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multios/multios.html. Its great.
But I have an additional question.
I have two disks on my PC. The first disk has two partitions -
one for Windows 95 and one for FreeBSD. I'm using Boot-easy
and I can boot up into either just fine.

I added a second hard disk and installed Slackware Linux 3.0 with Lilo
on it.

When I boot up Boot-easy gives me the following menu:
F1 . . . Dos
F2 . . . FreeBsd
F5 . . . disk 2

When I select F5, I get
F1 . . . Linux
F2 . . . Linux
F5 . . . disk 1

Problem: F1 starts Linux just fine. F2 doesn't do anything.
I have the second disk split up into a Linux Native partition
and a swap partition. I think Lilo is detecting the swap
partition and presenting it as bootable.
This isn't correct is it?
How do I make the swap partition invisible?
Kirk :)