Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:34:25 +0200
From:      "Schmalzbauer, Harald" <H.Schmalzbauer@belenus.com>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NTPD in upcoming release?

Hello timedependent friends,

I wonder if ntpd 4.0.99b gets replaced with ntpd4.1 in 4.4-release?

I can remember that there was a vulnerability in ntpd which came with
4.3-release. I'm tracking -stable and I think I remember that malicious code
was replaced but ntpd itself is still reporting version 4.099b.

Sorry for that stupid question, but at the moment I don't have a spare
machine on which I could test this. Btw: Am I right that IPFilter 3.4.20 is
merged? And what about I4B 1.0?

Thank you all,

-Harry

belenus GmbH