Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:33:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Holland <ianh@tortuga.com.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src Makefile fix

As Bruce Evans enscribed:

> >Shall I sit back and patiently await a good fix, or continue the hunt?
>
> What was wrong with my fix except it hasn't been tested enough?

Ever eager to get the build to complete, I implemented your suggestion, and
it worked...  for "lex".  Unfortunately, it dies with the same problem
in "usr.bin/compile_et".

Call me old fashioned, but shouldn't we try to fix the problem in one place?

Perhaps we should go back to "bsd.dep.mk" and only use functionality that
has been available on all systems that can reasonably be expected to
compile -current.

Either that or an even uglier shell script which implements the "-o" on
"yacc"...  [back, back, I *am* kidding].  :-)

--
Ian Holland                In a world without fences,
ianh@tortuga.com.au             Who needs Gates?