Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:49:54 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Daniel=20Blendea?= <bdaniel7@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to prevent flood with ipfilter or ipfw2

Hello, I hope that this is a good place to post this.

I’m running 4.7-stable, sshd, bind, apache+ssl and I
have ipf as firewall.

So far ipf performed admirably, but the possibility of
being flooded appeared.

I don’t recall that ipf has that capability to allow
only a certain number of packets to enter (like
linux’s iptables), so I’m considering switching to
ipfw2. But, I after looking trough the syntax, I
haven’t found what I was looking for.

So, how can i avoid flood with ipfw2.

Thank you,
Daniel