Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 23:21:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andrew Perry <andrew@shoal.net.au>
Cc:        questions freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SmartConnex PM2001 SCSI

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Andrew Perry wrote:

> Sorry, I meant it's a SCSI card that plugs into an ISA slot (as opposed
> to a PCI slot) it said that in the description in the manual so I
> thought I would include it.

WD1003 is an IDE controller, according to the Handbook.  Does it have both
SCSI and IDE ports?

The two technologies aren't interchangable, ie you can't have an IDE and a
SCSI device on the same chain.

> When booting off the installation floppy and you go into visual kernel,
> which scsi controller should I use.

You can try it normally and see if the wdc driver picks it up.

Somehow i'm skeptical.  It doesn't make sense.  Is it a SCSI or IDE
controller?