Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:53:29 -0800
From:      Eli Dart <dart@nersc.gov>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this is getting ridiculous

--==_Exmh_-1880339676P

I realize I'm proposing a solution that I don't personally have to
implement, but there is a simple way out of this: any address that
punts out this kind of garbage is silently dropped from the list.
Period.  Do not pass go, etc.

Several other lists (including bugtraq) do this as a matter of
course....I think it's worth doing.  I also like disabling html
email......

my $0.02

		--eli

> Could someone change the mailing list to not support attachments or to limit
> message sizes?  (I think attachments:no would be a much better idea)
>
> The only way we'd be getting more viruses if we were using AOL accounts...
>
> and maybe also disabling html emails?

--==_Exmh_-1880339676P

--==_Exmh_-1880339676P--