Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:21:49 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux module broken also with patch

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:38:29PM +0100, Hartmann, O. wrote:

> Dear Glenn.
>
> Yes, of course. I approved this two times on all systems after the
> first failure! I patched two times and the second time I was asked to
> patch an already patched file. Then I started to rebuild the kernel.

If you patched it twice you reverted the file back to the original
version.

... snip ...

> Your patch works, yes, I can asure this, but only on one machine with
> no fxp interface!

It is not my patch, it Marcel Moolenaar's.

I would suggest cvsupping again.  This will put the
/sys/compat/linux/linux_ioctl.c file back to its native state.  Then
apply the patch one time only.  Then rebuild the kernel and modules,
install them and reboot.  If that still does not work then I would
suggest contacting Marcel.  You can get his address from the attachment
I sent to you with the patch.  He had also moved prior discussion of
this to the emulation list so you may want to post there.

--
Glenn Johnson
gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov