Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:27:15 +0400
From:      Tarc <tarc@tarc.po.cs.msu.su>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 03:57:50PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> There's a reasonably well-known way to make Flash7 player work in FreeBSD, described here:
>
> http://www.jail.se/freebsd.html
>
> It involves patching the rtld with this patch:
>
> http://www.jail.se/freebsd/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
>
> I'm not an expert, but this patch looks like free lunch - it doesn't look like it's going to
> break anything (though not much software depends on it :) ) - can it be committed to current and
> releng_6?

See UPDATING file:
20060408:
  AFFECTS: users of www/linux-flashplugin*
  AUTHOR: hrs@FreeBSD.org

  These ports have been removed because the End User License Agreement
  explicitly forbids to run the Flash Player on FreeBSD.
  For more details, see
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/license/desktop/.

--
   Best regards,