Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:30:09 GMT
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/112074: mutt-ng port does not wish to compile

The following reply was made to PR ports/112074; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Cc: soralx@cydem.org
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:24:20 -0500

 I don't have access to 5.4-RELEASE anymore, I do have a 5.5-RELEASE-p8
 box and was able to install mutt-ng into a clean jail with the options
 selected.  The following dependancies were installed:

 cyrus-sasl-2.1.22
 db41-4.1.25_4
 docbook-1.3
 docbook-241_2
 docbook-3.0_2
 docbook-3.1_2
 docbook-4.0_2
 docbook-4.1_2
 docbook-xml-4.2_1
 gettext-0.16.1_1
 gmake-3.81_1
 gnutls-1.6.1_2
 iso8879-1986_2
 jade-1.2.1_9
 libesmtp-1.0.4_1,1
 libgcrypt-1.2.4_1
 libgpg-error-1.4_1
 libiconv-1.9.2_2
 libtool-1.5.22_4
 linuxdoc-1.1_1
 mutt-ng-20061125
 perl-5.8.8
 pkg-config-0.21
 sgmlformat-1.7_2
 texinfo-4.8_3
 unzip-5.52_3
 xmlcatmgr-2.2

 I'm using it without issue on many 6.1 and 6.2 boxes (the pr isn't
 clear what version of FBSD you've tried it on)

 I suspect that it's not installing because of an issue with an older
 version of a dependancy you already have installed, although without
 knowing what you have installed I can't test that.

 It's also possible that it just doesn't work in 5.4 anymore, in which
 case you'd have to upgrade to 5.5.

 If you provide me with the exact version of FBSD you are running and
 the versions of dependancies you have installed I'll duplicate that
 configuration on a test box and see what I can come up with.

 --
 Thanks,

 Josh Paetzel