Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:05:38 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nuovo DNS (sorry for the mistake)

Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> I have not converted them yet, also because I was not sure on how I have to
> do it.
> Now reading the man of named I discover that I can specify the default TTL
> keyword as the first line of the zone file:
> $TTL nnnnnn

	Amazing what you find when you read the documentation. :)

> >But yes, there is a conversion script supplied in the BIND 8
> >contrib directory.
>
> Fine... I'll check it too, thanks...

	FYI, other than the $TTL change, the zone file format has not changed in
BIND 8. The conversion script converts your named.boot file to named.conf
format. If you already have BIND 8 running, you don't need this step.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"