Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 13:48:07 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <poker2@northernnet.com>
To:        "Brandon Hicks" <freebsd@unreal.gatekeep.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mac - FreeBSD - DOS

At 11:03 AM 9/17/97 -0500, Brandon Hicks wrote:
>Well, seeing that someone has asked about old and gone media, (8" drive)
i'm asking this....

>We have an old Mac, it was hit by Lighting. Will not even attempt to come
up. Is there a way to mount a Mac SCSI drive into a FreeBSD Box?!  I have
the correct SCSI card, and it looks like it would work. but this is in the
office main server, i do not wish to kill it, just in case... after that, i
know how to mount a DOS drive and use the files that are on the FreeBSD
drive, after i copied them off of the Mac Drive.

>Now, If i have not lost any one, can someone help?
>i'm running 2.2.2 FreeBSD BTW....

Check out Linux's HFS support.  (hfsutils)  I hate to say it, but
HFS isn't kernel level HFS support, so vmount won't help...
I think, though, that Linux emulation might be good enough in this
case.

Shawn