Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:33:31 -0500
From:      "Luc Morin" <luc_m@videotron.ca>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Network stops working

Hi all,

I'm sorry, but I seem to have misled some people by forgeting to
mention that I do indeed need to use DHCP to get my IP assigned.

Now, that being said, I contacted a service representative from
my ISP this morning, and while I had 100% packet loss when trying
to ping a known good host, he said he could ping me with 0%
packet loss from his side.

Also, I have noticed that although I can't reach out, I still see
connection attempts made to my box (I have log_in_vain="YES"
in rc.conf).

I hope this can shed some new light.

Thanks.

Luc Morin