Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2012 05:31:33 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Subject:   Re: graphics/gnash: bad dependency www/libxul19

> a) libxul19 might be patched?

> b) force build of libxul

> c) build without webplugins

> d) update your ports:
> # $FreeBSD: head/graphics/gnash/Makefile 304053 2012-09-10 19:19:32Z beat $

> /usr/ports/graphics/gnash$ make all-depends-list
> /usr/ports/www/libxul
> /usr/ports/devel/gmake
> /usr/ports/x11/libX11
> /usr/ports/x11/libXau
> /usr/ports/x11/libXdmcp
> /usr/ports/x11/libXext
> /usr/ports/x11/libXi
> /usr/ports/x11/libXinerama
> /usr/ports/x11/libICE
> /usr/ports/x11/libSM
> /usr/ports/x11/libXv
> /usr/ports/devel/sdl12
> /usr/ports/textproc/intltool
> /usr/ports/devel/pkg-config
> /usr/ports/graphics/gtk-update-icon-cache
> /usr/ports/devel/boost-libs
> /usr/ports/graphics/jpeg
> /usr/ports/ftp/curl

> kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]

Thanks for advice.  I built libxul successfully, replacing libxul19.

I have been regularly running "portsnap fetch update".

If I build without webplugins, how do I view web sites with Flash content,
including videos and other Flash-dependent web sites?

There are web sites that use Flash for non-movie purposes, such as
freefilefillableforms.com
www.laguanajuatoky.com
laprensaky.com  (turning the pages of La Prensa biweekly newspaper)

and (too) many others, and they don't work with Gnash, at least through 0.8.9

Any idea how to make yelp build with libxul as opposed to libxul19?

Tom