Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:04:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Michael WARDLE" <michael.wardle@adacel.com>
Subject:   Re: web browsers (was: Re: aout support broken in gcc3)

<<On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:54:02 +1000, "Michael WARDLE" <michael.wardle@adacel.com> said:

> for Internet Explorer").  I would suggest to anybody still using
> Netscape 4 on a Unix platform that they try a replacement
> browser, whether that be Mozilla, Galeon, or something else
> (perhaps Opera or Konqueror).

Mozilla has an intolerable (read: Windows) user interface.
Konqueror is a dog (at least on my machine), even though you can
reprogram the user interface somewhat, and its SSL/TLS support is
barely functional.

Neither program works properly with my bank's online banking service.

I'll stick with something that works, and works fast.  I'm well aware
of the security issues, and have determined the risk to be
insignificant for the way I use a Web browser.  (And frankly, I don't
much care what lusing Web-design weenies think about it.)

-GAWollman