Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:40:29 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        mario@aiis.net ("mario")
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware

On 16 Nov 1999 16:18:33 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>I'm building a server for the ISP that I'm working for.  I know that
>everything will work with FreeBSD but I'm not sure about the Promise UDMA 66
>RAID controler.  I need to order the parts today and I would love to use it
>but I need to know it works

It doesnt, and its doubtful that there will be support for that particular
controller. Search the archives for a fairly recent discussion as to why
there probably wont be support for it.  If you want RAID, the AMI MegaRAID
and Mylex controllers will soon be supported in 3.4.  They are in current
now, and so far so good (in my limited testing anyways).

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)