Date:      17 Jan 1997 15:08:34 -0500
From:      Jay Sachs <sachs@interactive.net>
To:        Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vapour security check output

> An annoying thing about security check is that if there are ' or spaces
> in file names or directories (i deal with MAC people... sigh) you get
> lots of error messages. The one i've included is from a system that only
> has a few. I have 154 at last count, so i didn't want to overload the
> net with my example. :)

Yeah, the 'find' in /etc/security uses the -X flag since it pipes into
xargs after the sort. You could substitute the following for the
offending while-loop:

while test $# -ge 1; do
	mount=$1
	shift
	find $mount -xdev -type f \
		\( -perm -u+x -or -perm -g+x -or -perm -o+x \) \
		\( -perm -u+s -or -perm -g+s \) -exec ls -lgTd {} \; | sort +9
done > $TMP

This maintains the same sort grouping; the downside is that the sort
depends explicitly on the # of fields output by the ls command -- if
that number changes, the sort will break.

-jay