Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 18:04:03 -0530 (IST)
From:      Vyasaraj S <vyas@teil.soft.net>
To:        freebsd-users@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG

hi,
I am not sure whether it is the right mailing list to post my query

I am implementing the Address Resolution part of routing library in my
network subsystem.
I am trying to understand the implementation of the Address Resolution
Logic of FreeBSD.  I have specific query to one of the data structure of
the rtentry and mrtentry

my problem is:
	There is a field " refcount" in the route entry.
	As per my understanding, this field is there,to  prevent some
Application layer task from deleting that particular route entry when
someother application, IP has already accessed that route entry and using it.

The Query is:
	Does this refcount serve anyother purpose !
Can you do without this "refcount" field ? by providing a copy of rtentry
or mrtentry, whoever calls rn_match().

thanks in advance.

vyas