Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 09:46:05 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        chris@tourneyland.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hoping to configure DNS

chris@tourneyland.com wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I would like to get DNS going on my little 3-5 node network.

	First question, why do you want to do that?

> Currently, I'm reading in my Unix book about configuring DNS,

	You want to get a copy of DNS and BIND, 3rd Edition from O'Reilly. It is
THE reference to all issues DNS, and you should read it and understand it
before putting a nameserver on the internet. Misconfigured nameservers can
cause all manner of problems.

Good luck,

Doug