Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:01:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What is src/sys/boot/arc/loader?

--------------Boundary-00=_THGRGHCR9K5OO49D7TH0

I'm working on narrowing down the problem with the loader and I came
across something in the source. When I built it, I noticed that there
was a loader.exe file built in: src/sys/boot/arc/loader/loader.exe

file loader.exe
loader.exe: MS Windows COFF Alpha object file

It's a windows file...

This strikes me odd. Does this mean that FreeBSD can be booted using
AlphaBIOS (which incidentally supports the Adaptec SCSI card that the
non-boot disks are on)?

-Michael