Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:46:37 +0200
From:      Marco Giardini <marco@tecnogi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   linux, freebSD and win

I use Linux since several years and I'm new to freeBSD (that it's really
fast and well done!!).
My system has a SCSI card not detected by FreeBSD (Buslogic BT950 flash)
and 1 ide disk. Linux is installed on two scsi disks (sda and sdb) while
freebsd and dos (win95 fat16) on the ide disk (hda).
Dos 	--> hda1
FreeBSD	--> hda2 and hda3
I have a bios that can boot from cdrom, ide or scsi. I usually boot from
scsi.
Since my scsi is not detected by freeBSD, i have installed it disabling
the scsi for the installation.
Now that everything seems ok, i'd like to boot linux, win and FreeBSD
from lilo. I have modified the lilo.conf but when at boot i choose the
freebsd partition, the boot starts and at the end i get an error message
that say that cannot mount the root partition and the system reboot.
What to do?
Thanks for replying to marco@tecnogi.com

marco