Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 1998 07:25:45 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Bruce M. Walter" <walter@fortean.com>
Cc:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Powering off the system/UPS

> I've been hashing this out with Mike Smith, and he feels that
>
> a) the at_shutdown queues should be ordered to insure their being called
> in the right order -and-

I am actually inclined to agree that sorting these is Too Hard, and not
really worthwhile.  A new list is really all that's needed.

What I want is a judgement call on this today/tomorrow:

 - Should I add this third list to -stable before 2.2.6 goes into BETA?

I realise that this is not the same as adding the driver(s) you're
working on, but there are tools for adding drivers (eg. src/tools/kdrv/)
to the kernel easily, as long as the infrastructure they depend on is
there.

At this juncture, I would *not* be modifying APM to use this list in
-stable.  I would be happy to do that in -current though.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\