Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:23:56 -0300
From:      Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: skype-2.1.0.81,1

Hi Matthia, ports;

Thanks for you reply.  I think I'm getting closer to finding out
what's going on.

I have a small LAN, which normally just has a single laptop and a
skype phone behind a Buffalo wireless access point / router.  The
skype phone is usually on all the time and I haven't had problems with
it for the two or three years I've owned it.  Last night when I was
testing the skype client on my laptop I turned the phone off.

So this morning when I got your message, I uninstalled
net-im/skype-devel and reinstalled net-im/skype and it signed in
immediately.  But now, the skype phone has the problem the client had
last night:  it won't sign in.  Even when I sign out with both the
client and the phone and try the phone it won't sign in, but the
client has no problems at all today.  I thought there must be a
problem with the router, so I rebooted, but the result is the same:
client has no problems, but no luck with the phone.

Is this a networking issue on my end or is it something to do with skype?