Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:48:53 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
To:        Sm <smaynard@iprimus.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems building world (RELENG_4 and RELENG_4_6)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 01:14:50PM +0800, Sm wrote:

> I have spoken to friends also running 4.6-release who have tried updating
> and their builds die in the same place too, has
> anyone else on the list had this problem or does anyone have a solution.
>
> Another small annoyance I have noticed is that sometimes
> /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.include.dist misses 'wi' under 'dev'
> after a cvsup, this only happens sometimes and is easy to fix. Does anyone
> else have this problem too from time to time?

I have rebuilt world on one of my 4.6-STABLE machines on Wed Jul 17
and it ran just smoothly. So I don't think it is a problem with the
CVS server or something like that.

How do you do the build process? As described in src/UPDATING (make
buildworld, make buildkernel, etc etc) or the old way with config,
make depend and the like?

> building static ssh library
> ranlib libssh.a
> cc -fpic -DPIC -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libssh/../../../crypto/openssh -DNO_IDEA  -c /usr/src/secure/lib/libssh/../../../crypto/openssh/authfd.c -o authfd.So

[snip]

> cc -fpic -DPIC -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libssh/../../../crypto/openssh -DNO_IDEA  -c /usr/src/secure/lib/libssh/../../../crypto/openssh/version.c -o version.So
> make: don't know how to make /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libcrypto.a. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.

If not doing the process with make buildworld, you may want to give it
a try. That's all I can think of now, maybe it helps.

HTH
regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos