Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:42:15 -0600
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Return of config files to ^/etc

Hello,

I've organized a review[0] to return most config files back to etc/.
Many people were concerned about the mass exodus of etc/, and many
have expressed a desire (privately or otherwise) for these files to
return- some of these folks represent downstreams or consumer projects
that went through the painful move the first time and would happily go
through the pain again to restore the status quo.

This does mean that we'd end up with a structure that's not compatible
with stable/12, but is compatible with every branch before it.

If you have an opinion for or against. please speak up now. I'd like
to make sure we're moving in the correct direction as a developer
community.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans

[0] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D23690