Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:14:32 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA patch and others

>  Unfortunately, there currently seems to be a problem with the root directory on
> NFS mounts
>
> # ls /
> /: /: Bad file descriptor

 False alarm, this was due to the system clock being reset to Jan 1 1904 due to
some messing around I was doing with the macio feature control registers.
This caused the NFS attribute cache for the root vnode to never be populated,
resulting in an invalid file type.

 But, there's still a bug where the real-time clock can be cleared on system
shutdown.

later,

Peter.