Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:11:51 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Subject:   Re: PCCARD eject freeze (was Re: your mail)

In message <Pine.BSF.4.20.9912021236410.10542-100000@sasami.jurai.net> "Matthew N. Dodd" writes:
: On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Nick Hibma wrote:
: > PCMCIA has the problem that the hardware register you are talking to can
: > disappear on the spot, between 2 outb()s.
:
: Can't we do something about this using bus_space?  This would give us a
: fair bit of overhead for PCMCIA devices as well as require us to more
: tightly couple newbus and bus_space (we'd probably want to 'cache' a
: function pointer to the method to avoid method lookup overhead.)

I had the same thought, but w/o a signal or other out of band error
communication, I'm not sure how to implement this.

Warner