Date:      Fri, 3 Jun 2022 16:12:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Effect of using SATA 2.x and 3.x in zfs mirrored config

----- Original Message -----

Thanks for vote of confidence in ZFS. Since JBOD works I wasn't expecting trouble, but it was still a surprise to learn the drives were using different protocols. My larger concern was, if there was a reason why using the same protocol was "better", whether moving the SATA cable to a different port would trigger issues with ZFS, and I would need to learn much more about ZFS than I do now.

Cheers,
Dale