Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:03:11 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiler error XFree86-Server

The following is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message
created by Enigmail/Mozilla, following RFC 2440 and RFC 2015
--------------enigF1A25CF96E7D7C862AA718A7

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 03:59:47PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>>>Please submit a full bug report,
>>>with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>>>See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
>>>*** Error code 1
>>>
>>>Stop in
>>>/usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server/work/xc/programs/Xserver/PEX5/ddpex/mi/level2.
>>>
>>>Anyone have a suggestion?
>>
>>1.) Submit that bugreport.
>

> Why?  We have a useless compiler code base for submitting bug reports
> from.  GCC 3.1 and 3.1.1 have been released since we imported our
> compiler sources.  GCC 3.2 should be released next week.

Because chances are good that the bugs still aren't fixed. I reported a
bug related to optimization with -march=athlon recently and the reply
I've got suggests that it's still present in all branches. I get the
impression that not too many people really use gcc3 with heavy
optimization on big stuff like XFree86 yet ... Of course, updating the
system compiler would make bug reports from -CURRENT users even more useful.

Regards,
--
Michael Nottebrock
"And the reasons? There are no reasons."

--------------enigF1A25CF96E7D7C862AA718A7