Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 07:36:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   perl5.003 (pp_sys.c) & FreeBSD 2.1.7

I cannot for the life of me get perl5.003 (pp_sys.c) to compile on
FreeBSD 2.1.7

`sh  cflags libperl.a pp_sys.o`  pp_sys.c
          CCCMD =  cc -c -I/usr/local/include -DHAS_TELLDIR_PROTOTYPE -O
pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_gmtime':
pp_sys.c:3044: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
pp_sys.c:3046: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
[SNIP a whole bunch more of the above line]

I have tried pulling perl5.003 directly off CPAN, I've tried the 2.2 port,
I've tried modifying config.sh to explicitly tell make depend which
version of time.h I want, etc.  No luck.  Obviously, other folks have
managed to get this working...what am I doing wrong????
--

John-David Childs (JC612)       http://www.denver.net
System Administrator            jdc@denver.net