Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:53:16 +0100
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How about using DIST_SUBDIR for ports w multiple files (StarOffice5)

Just mailed the following suggestion to the StarOffice5
maintainer/committer and it was suggested to got to
the ports mailing list with it:

------------------------ snip -----------------------

I got one suggestion: How about putting all the Staroffice
related files in a separate directory and not in ${DISTDIR}
directly? I think this is a good idea for all ports that
need multiple dist- or patchfiles...

What do people think about it? I find that the whole
DISTDIR is more maintable and easier to look at but
there can be things I didn't think of, of course...

Thanks,

	-Andre