Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:45:16 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Language for Modeling Mechanical System

"Jason C. Wells" wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Crist J. Clark wrote:
>
> > It's what FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslation) was made for.
>
> Ughh! I haven't heard much good about Fortran. To be fair, I have never
> looked at it. I hear that the syntax is _very_ terse. I will take a closer
> look at it.

Nope. That would be APL. Nothing wrong with Fortran. The versions
after IV are quite nice, actually. At least, from what I've seen and
read about them. Haven't used Fortran after IV. The GNU has a
F77 translator. Turns F77 into C.

But something like MathCalc would probably be more efficient.
Especially when there are lots of models available.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.