Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2012 19:56:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8.3

> SandyBridge processor with 32GB of ram on a FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE host.

i am using virtualbox but no linux guest, only windows.

the newest CPU i have is
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz (3100.03-MHz K8-class CPU)

> Unfortunately, once I got it set up, I found that VBox guest
> performance simply sucks. The *mouse* isn't responsive. Linux guests
> see lots of "CPU Locked" errors.

FreeBSD have linux emulation. i think you should use it instead of VBox if
you need to run linux environments under FreeBSD.

jails are your friend too.

Windows runs great (as for windows of course) under VBox.