Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 23:47:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric A. Griff" <eagriff@global2000.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, chokepnt@prima.ruhr.de, root@counterintelligence.cdrom.com, dg@root.com, Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Subject:   Re: mw fails even more...

On 17-Jul-97 Jordan K. Hubbard spewed out Re: mw fails even more...>> 	Now I'm e
ven more at a loss re my upgrade to a K5 or K6
>>      chip.   Perhaps someone on the Core team--like you, David--
>>      can give everybody advice on which CPU's do work flawlessly
>>      with BSD and which have known or suspected woes.
>
>Buy Intel and you'll have fewer worries.  That's kinda the bottom
>line.  Not to knock Cyrix or AMD or any of Intel's competitors, but
>it's just a simply fact of life that the various companies who orbit
>the PC market are going to test first and most stringently with Intel
>parts.
>
>                               Jordan

Just my $.04 worth (inflation included)

Agreed.

        I haven't had a make world failure here since switching from
FreeBSD 3.0 back to 2.2. I have cvsuped maybe 20 times since the beginning of ap
ril and done a world with every one of them, without fail.
        The CPU is a Intel P60, with 8M of ram, 24M swap and 900M disk space
total.
        Of course it isn't state of the art, but it works, and seems to be 100%
Intel Compatible :)

Eric A. Griff
RD#1 Box 372
Oneida, NY 13421