Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:52:55 -0500
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Making 8.3 packaged ports 'pretty'... and INSTALL_ICONS macro.

On 2/16/12 8:33 AM, Oliver Heesakkers wrote:
> You committed the patch I wrote in ports/164344.

I remember that.  and the discussion then was 'don't do that' :-)
because, it is 'undefined', as in 'sorta random'.  some systems will run
the gtk cache, some won't, and some will run it depending on if gnome is
installed before the port, but won't run it if after.

This also causes problems with package building, if package is built on
a different box (one with) , and installed on a box 'without', there are
problems.

so, I think I will avoid the if exists for now.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell