Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2006 21:24:58 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jails, cron and sendmail

On 2006.08.27 02:13:03 +0200, Dirk Engling wrote:

> I have the following problem: since I need and do not like any kind of
> smtp activity in my jails (there's no 127.0.0.1 in a jail, all services
> listen to the jails external interface), I put those lines into my
> /etc/rc.conf:
[...]

I know it's not exactly the solution to your problem, when you don't
want the mail, but I find that using the mail/ssmtp port for local
mail in jails is pretty nice.  There is no deamon running and I can
have one config file in all the jails which says that ssmtp should
relay the mails to a real mailserver.

(Might be useful for other people building jails.)

--
Simon L. Nielsen