Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 21:19:35 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        chad@dcfinc.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What CAM is (was Re: DPT install problem)

On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 11:29:21AM -0700, Chad R. Larson wrote:
> > It will be the same.  The 64K limitation is a generic FreeBSD
> > limitation, so CAM won't change it.  CAM won't limit it, though.
>
> I feel like I walked into the middle of a conversation.  What, exactly,
> is CAM?  Why would I be interested in it?

CAM is the new disk subsystem, being implemented to follow the CAM
specification.  This system is used by Digital Unix at least, but I
don't remember/know if that was where it originated.

An API specification and guideline to writing CAM-based drivers is at
	http://www.partner.digital.com/www-swdev/pages/Home/TECH/documents/Digital_UNIX/V4.0/AA-PS3GD-TET1_html/TOC.html

Eivind.