Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:35:09 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Update on SE7500 P4 SMP..

John Baldwin wrote:
>[...] This has absolutely nothing to do with I/O
> interrupts, the I/O APIC, virtual wire mode, etc.  It does have to
> do with interprocessor interrupts.  For the time being I'm going
> to concenctrate on other more pressing 5.0 things, but if anyone
> has any ideas I'm all ears. :-/

This is a long shot, but has anybody tried correcting this value on their
machine:  sys/i386/i386/mpapic.c:
#define bus_clock()     66000000

Try changing it to 400000000 or 533000000 and see if that helps. I dont
know what the local apic timer clock is based on.. it might be the
quadrupled clock, the native FSB clock (100000000 or 133000000) or
something else.  But since we have IPI delivery problems and the IPI's do
work on NetBSD (which calibrates this timer), this is a logical place to
tinker with.

Cheers,
-Peter