Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:48:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      F J <psyzar@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP ProLiant DL320 G4 and FreeBSD 4.11/6.0

Hi

I am trying to install FreeBSD onto a new HP DL320 G4 server. Neither
version 4.11 nor 6.0 recognise the disks (SATA) which I believe is a
driver issue. The controller is embedded Intel 82801GR SATA. I have
disabled the raid option in the bios.

I have also played with the "MPS Table Mode" settings, variously set to
"Full Table APIC" and "Disabled" as had been suggested.

During FreeBSD 6.0, escaping to the loader prompt, lsdev output shows
disk0 (BIOS A), disk1 (BIOS C), disk2 (BIOS D). FreeBSD 6.0 boots to
the system installation menus but does not recognise any disks so I
cannot proceed beyond this point.

Has anyone installed on these HP servers? Where can I get the correct
drivers?

Many thanks

Francois