Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 12:02:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        kline@tera.com, binhdo@cs.ubc.ca, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to get fvwm version 2? Thank you.

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, Sean Kelly wrote:

> But I chose fvwm over ctwm since it lets me bump the cursor to the
> edge of the screen to either page-flip or scroll to other parts of the
> virtual desktop.  This spacial model is so intuitive, it hurts!

Ouch!  It annoys the hell out of me so I turn it off.

One thing ctwm has going for it is the ability to have a window appear in
multiple workspaces (like VUE that inspired it).  Unless I missed something,
fvwm only allows a single worspace or all workspaces (sticky).

Oh, and ctwm can manage non-root windows.  This allows you to run a test
copy in a window to play with configurations, while another window
manager (or a stable ctwm configuration) manages everything outside.
Not in the killer-feature class, but nifty regardless.

(btw, I use fvwm)

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============