Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 08:28:54 -1000
From:      ken@mui.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail 8.10 and search options

I've noticed a few things that puzzle me.  Perhaps someone can
help enlighten me on this:

1- the search options on the freebsd website no longer allow you
to list your seach by date.  This used to be a critical search option,
as the more recent entries normally would be the more applicable
type of searches.  I realize that it would require another index or
perhaps take up resources, but to be honest, an option like "score"
doesn't seem to strike me as something particularly useful (sorry,
speaking from ignorance)

2- there doesn't seem to be listed certain version changes, ie,
sendmail versions.  what I mean is it would be nice to have a place
where we could tell if sendmail is up to date or not, other than
doing a telnet hostname smtp.

Thanks,

ken