Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:25:39 -0300
From:      Patrick Tracanelli <eksffa@freebsdbrasil.com.br>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Excessive "intr" CPU usage caused by Dummynet

Hello Gentlemen,

What may cause dummynet to exaust CPU cycles on kernel "intr" requests?

I am facing a situation where "top -S" shows something like that:

 12 root       13 -60    -     0K   104K WAIT    0 744:58 82.50% intr

And when I get into >95% intr cpu usage, packets on dummynet raise their =
latency a lot, slowing down everything (pipe or queue).

Queue sizes are ajusted according to pipe bandwidth, using a sort of =
rule where queue in bytes is equal to pipe width divided by 8 or by 10.

Thank you.

--
Patrick Tracanelli

FreeBSD Brasil LTDA.