Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 01:36:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>, David Shanes <dshanes@personalogic.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

> Do many local public libraries accept donations?  I've thought
> before this would be a great way to increase FreeBSD's
> availability, done en masse.  No organized assault, just many
> little things.  :)

This also came up tonite at the FreeBSD SF meeting, and I'll repeat
what I said there: If you know of a local library offering data CDs
for loan, *please* drop in (who knows, you might also find a book you
like :) and try to get the name and address of the person handling
that service at the library.  Then forward it on to me and I'll see
that one or more CDs are sent to that address, marked to their
attention, and we'll start the ball rolling.  I just need somebody
to do a little of the preparatory legwork!

						Jordan