Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:11:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xv not working right?

Hey all, I'm trying to use xv to get a background pic
on my laptop and it's not quite working as expected.

I'm running 4.6 release (everything else works great)
with xv-3.10a_2.  My desktop is windowmaker.  The
command I put in my user's .xinitrc is this:

xv -quit -root /usr/home/twigles/pic.jpg

and now when I start X the picture flashes for about a
second then bails.  I suppose I could run xv in the
background but that seems like a clumsy way to get a
simple backdrop.

=====