Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:09:11 +0100
From:      Anne Marcel Roorda <marcel@eu.uu.net>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        Morten Seeberg <ml@seeberg.dk>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm driver on Thinkpad 600E (2645)

  On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 11:20:58AM +0100, Anne Marcel Roorda wrote:

  >   Hi, I have a subj. I probably just overlooked something very simple, but
  >   havent been able to make my soundcard work.
  >
  >   Im running CURRENT RC3, and since the new pcm driver seems to detect
  >   everything just fine, I dont think this is a CURRENT problem.
  >
  >   Basicly I just added:
  >   device pcm
  >   to my kernel file, and this is what dmesg shows:
  >
  >   csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4610/4611 Audio accelerator> mem
  >   0x50000000-0x500fffff,0x50100000-0x50100fff irq 11 at device 6.0 on pci0
  >   pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> on csa0
  >   pcm0: ac97 codec reports dac not ready
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  >   Adding "options PNPBIOS" to the kernel config should get this
  > working.
  >
  >   From a working TP600E:
  >
  > csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4610/4611 Audio accelerator> mem 0x50000000-
  0x500fffff,0x50100000-0x50100fff irq 11 at device 6.0 on pci0
  > pcm0: <CS423x-PCI> at port 0x530-0x537,0x388-0x38b,0x220-0x233 irq 5 drq 1,
  0 on isa0

  This got my sound working, but now ep0 (a 3c589c) doesn't work, it
  complains like

  ep0: No irq?!

  It works find when I remove PNPBIOS again, any ideas ?

Hi,

  Yes, a few :)

  I'm assuming that you're using the PCMCIA version. If you
check the list of available IRQ's, then you'll probably find one
that's in use already listed there.

  I'm including the pccard.conf file as I'm currently using it,
stripped so it only contains things that I actually use, and all
cards configured to allow me to mix and match as I need them.

- marcel

# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq     9 10
# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589B, 3C589C
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589"
        config  0x1 "ep0" ?
        insert  echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether ep0 -link0 link1
#       insert  /etc/pccard_ether ep0 link0 -link1
        remove  echo 3Com Etherlink III removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig ep0 delete

# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589D"
        config  0x1 "ep0" ?
        insert  echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether ep0
        remove  echo 3Com Etherlink III removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig ep0 delete

card "3Com" "Megahertz 574B"
        config 0x1 "ep0" ?
        insert  echo 3Com Fast Etherlink 547B inserted
        remove  echo 3Com Fast Etherlink 547B removed

card "DYNALINK" "L10C"
        config 0x21 "ed0" ?
        insert  echo Dynalink L10C inserted
        remove  echo Dynalink L10C removed