Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:50:09 -0500
From:      Adam Kirchhoff <adam.k.kirchhoff@gmail.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE Hardware Notes is wrong.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.0R/hardware.html

This section is correct:

[i386,amd64] The snd_emu10kx(4) driver supports the following sound cards:
> Creative Sound Blaster Live! (EMU10K1 Chipset). Both PCM and MIDI
> interfaces are available.
> Creative Sound Blaster Audigy (CA0100 and CA0101 Chipset). PCM and two
> MIDI interfaces available.
> Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4
> (CA0102 Chipset). PCM support is limited to 48kHz/16 bit stereo (192kHz/24
> bit part of this chipset is not supported).
> Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value (CA0108 Chipset). PCM support is
> limited to 48kHz/16 bit stereo (192kHz/24 bit part of this chipset is not
> supported). There is no MIDI support for this card.

This section is wrong:

The snd_emu10kx(4) driver does support the following sound cards (although
> they have names similar to some supported ones):
> Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit, identified by FreeBSD as
> Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS / ES, identified by FreeBSD as
> All other Creative sound cards with -DAT chipsets.
> All Creative X-Fi series sound cards.

None of those cards are supported by snd_emu10kx (according to the man
page, and in my own personal experience). I believe a "does support" should
read "does not support".

Adam