Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:02:49 +0100
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@qxnitro.org>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: svn: E175002: REPORT of '/ports/!svn/me': Could not send request: Operation not permitted (http://svn.freebsd.org)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM, O. Hartmann
<ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> I receive since two days on my FreeBSD 10 boxes this message when
> updating the /usr/ports tree. What is this supposed to mean?
>
> The error is occuring from the university's net as well as from my
> private provider, so I think it is something more sophisticated than
> simply network issues ...
>
> [/usr/ports]: make update
> cd /usr/ports; /usr/local/bin/svn update
> Updating '.':
> svn: E175002: REPORT of '/ports/!svn/me': Could not send request:
> Operation not permitted (http://svn.freebsd.org)
> *** [update] Error code 1

I'm not sure what that error means... somethimg is denying your.. but
I'm not sure if it's local file permissions, local firewall remote
rest of connection etc.

Also note that you shouldn't use http://svn.freebsd.org as that means
you are being redirected to svn0.us-west.freebsd.org using netcat...
This at least increases the risk of something going wrong.

See: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/mirrors-svn.html for
current list of mirrors.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen