Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:59:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
Cc:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>, Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

Um, hold on.  I submitted many dead link notifications, along with
suggested fixes in some cases.  The problem is that (to my knowledge) the
source wasn't available via CVS, so I couldn't submit diffs easily.
(Viewing source from within a browser and then submitting diffs on that is
not my definition of "easy".)  Thus, folks were relegated to notification
only, with no fixes.

There may be many reasons why the advocacy site was not/could not be
maintained, and I don't think we're going anywhere by trying to assign
blame or make excuses.  Fact is, some of them I'm reading just aren't
true.

I'm a little disappointed that the official, explicit call for volunteers
came within two days of the site being shut down.  I did in fact respond,
and was led to believe that some DBI programming was the only thing
holding the site back from an official re-release.  I couldn't help there;
I don't know enough DBI to be anything more than a burden.

SB